Sunday, October 18, 2009

Southern University Homecoming






I recently went home to Baton Rouge to attend homecoming at my alma mater, Southern University. It was a great time. I visited the mass communications department and met with alumni, students, and faculty. I ran into a lot of friends and former classmates who I had not seen in awhile. I tailgated and enjoyed some great food. Kudos to the Agriculture Center folks for the best jambalaya and ribs! I visited the new Fieldhouse which features a great weight room and spacious suites. It was a beautiful day on a beautiful campus with beautiful people. Some of the highlights of the game included: a man proposed to his girlfriend by holding a sign saying "Will you Marry Me?" on the track(she said yes) and the Army Parachute team members made a grand entrance on the field, but one of them missed and landed on the other side of the jumbotron! I guess it was a little too windy! By the way, we won the game. Go Jaguars!

No comments:

Post a Comment