Thursday, October 22, 2009

My Formative Roots


I was visiting my hometown of Baton Rouge recently and for some reason I felt compelled to take a picture of my elementary school or what was my elementary school. Wyandotte Elementary is located right across the street from my childhood home so it truly was a neighborhood school. The school was shut down years ago, but the building is still being used. I have fond memories of attending the school because that's where I met my all-time favorite teacher in the world, Ms. Barineaux. She used to take me and a small group of her favorite students on special field trips like to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. I think about her sometimes and wonder whatever happened to her. What is she doing now? I would love to see her again and thank her for her kindness and love.

1 comment:

  1. Last time I was in New Orleans I went and took pix of my old elementary school (which is now closed, sadly) I wondered what happened to my favorite teacher, Mrs. Green. Last I heard from her she'd moved to New York City, but that was a long time ago...

    ReplyDelete