Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hadley's Furniture Gives Hurricane Victims an Early Christmas Present







Rosa and Olan Wilson couldn't contain their excitement as the Hadley's Furniture delivery men brought in piece after piece. They delivered a sofa, two chairs, two end tables and a coffee table in the living room. They brought two beds, dressers, and twin beds for the master bedroom and guests bedrooms. They sat a round wooden table with four chairs and two bars tools in the kitchen nook.
The new furniture which would have cost thousands of dollars was all donated by Hadleys to the couple who had lost everything in Hurricane Ike.
"God is real," Mrs. Wilson says.
"Within five minutes (of hearing their story), I knew we wanted to do something for them," said Hadley Cohen, owner of Hadley's.

Hadley along with his wife Melinda and his salesperson Cindy Ogden were on hand to witness the excitement. The Wilson's family and friends were also there. "This is nice," said many of people who were commenting on the beautiful furniture.

I have assisted the Wilsons who are friends of mine in getting help ever since I learned of their story. Their home took on four feet of water during Hurricane Ike and they had lost everything. So I talked to contacts that I had in the community and suggested Mrs. Wilson call a few people who I thought might assist her and her family in rebuilding their lives. I suggested that she call Hadley's and they responded in a big way. I thank God that I could be a blessing to the Wilsons and that Hadley's could be a blessing to all of us. It was truly a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment