Friday, June 26, 2009

Memories of Michael Jackson



I first heard the news that Michael Jackson had suffered cardiac arrest and was being taken to the hospital on Magic 102.5 this evening. Adrian Scott said it was not looking good. I went to a meeting and I'd forgotten about it when a friend of mine who had been in the meeting left and came back and said 'Guess What? Breaking News." And I said "Michael Jackson is dead." We couldn't really concentrate on the meeting afterwards. Both of us were devastated. We wrapped it up pretty quickly. Later the CBS special brought back so many memories---his performance on the Motown anniversary special, all the songs (I want you back, ABC, Remember the Time, Beat it, I'll be there), the videos (Thriller), the Michael Jackson imitations by friends which would bring so much laughter, and of course the famous trial. He was such a big part of my life and the life of millions. It's so sad. My prayers go out to his family and to his children. What are your fondest memories?

No comments:

Post a Comment