Thursday, November 5, 2009

Thousands turn out for Job Hiring Event






A line of people formed outside the Beaumont Civic Center early this morning at least 30 minutes before the doors opened to the Workforce Solutions of Southeast Hiring Event. Once the doors opened, more than 2,000 area residents walked through with resumes in hand looking for their next gig. Residents from Port Arthur were brought in by the busloads. In addition to more than 50 employers, participants also had a chance to attend workshops on interviewing skills, resume preparation, stress management, and work readiness. I taught one of the workshops on job search techniques and it was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it even more than I thought I would. Maybe I've stumbled on MY next gig. Kudos to Executive Director Marilyn Smith and Mary Hammon and the rest of the staff as well as the workshop presenters for a job well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment