Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Award-winning journalist writes book to encourage others to follow their dreams


I''m excited to announce my new book, “Good Job”:  A guide to getting the job and career you really want.” I want to inspire you to pursue a job or career you really enjoy, not just one that pays the bills.  After all, it's not a 'good job' if it's not a good job for you.  I've been blessed to pursue my passion of being a journalist for more than 15 years, working in nearly every facet of the industry. I've worked as a newspaper reporter, magazine writer and editor, public relations practitioner, television reporter and fill-in anchor, and now web producer.  I want to encourage others to follow their passion too.  In the book, I share the many lessons I've learned along the way that will help you in your journey.  For example, I know that fear is the number one reason people stay in dead-end jobs. But I've learned that you have to move forward in spite of the fear if you're ever going to realize your dreams.   I talk about this lesson as well as others including the importance of having the right attitude, conducting informational interviews, and sharing your dreams with others. The book is available at amazon.com or michellemccalope.net. I would love to hear your feedback and I appreciate your support.


1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed reading "Good Job" by Michelle McCalope and following her amazing story. The book is filled with wise life lessons, risk taking, and encouragement. It is a great resource for everyone from college graduates to experienced professionals. So many people feel stuck at their jobs and are afraid to take a risk. "Good Job" will help them envision the career possibilities, tackle their fears, and invites them to a different way of thinking.

    My favorite quote from this book is: “The great thing about life is it’s your life. You can change it whenever you like”.

    I totally recommend "Good Job", it is an easy read and its lessons apply to everyone.

    ReplyDelete