Friday, March 5, 2010

Houston Black Journalists Will Honor CNN's Roland Martin


CNN's Roland Martin will be among the honorees this year at the Houston Association of Black Journalists 24th Anniversary Awards Dinner on Friday, March 26 at the Hilton Americas. The other honorees include the Houston Texans' Tony Wyllie, CNN's Richelle Carey, and KCOH Radio Personality Ralph Cooper. Tickets are $150 each and tables start at $1,500. Proceeds will be used to help fund student scholarships. This is a wonderful event. I went last year. HABJ is a great organization. I'm proud to say I used to be an officer and active member of the group when I lived in Houston so it's nice to go back and see all my friends. Support their efforts! For tickets, go to www.habj.org

1 comment:

  1. I'm confused about the need for a BLACK journalist association....why wouldnt an association be open to all journalist? Are Black journalist somehow different than other journalist? If I started the White Journalist Association can you imagine the outcry?

    ReplyDelete