Monday, October 11, 2010

SU Homecoming 2010






I felt like a college student all over again this weekend. I attended my college homecoming at Southern University in Baton Rouge. I enjoyed the parties and seeing old friends, but the highlight of the weekend was speaking to students in the public relations practices class on Friday. Anyone who knows me knows that I am passionate about helping aspiring journalists and public relations practitioners (that's me with the students in the third photo) so it was a real treat to share my expertise with the students. One of the students in the class sent me an email that said "I would definitely like to thank you for rendering your insight and wisdom on the industry. Everything you shared was informative and you certainly were encouraging." This is what makes it all worth it! I also had a chance to meet our new president, Dr. Ronald Mason,(second photo) and some of the national alumni officers(fifth photo from left Dennis Brown, national alumni president). It was a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment