Monday, August 9, 2010

NABJ Highlights




One of the many highlights of attending the National Association of Black Journalists convention in San Diego earlier this month was the opportunity to meet Neil on "Young and the Restless." The actor, Kristoff St. John is even more handsome in person. I also met his colleague Darius McCrary who used to play Eddie on "Family Matters." When I was a TV reporter people used to tell me that TV didn't do me justice meaning I looked better in person than on TV (they meant it as a compliment) and I tell you TV doesn't do either of these men justice. They are fine! I met the actors at the Arts and Entertainment awards reception to honor my former colleague Clarence Waldron, an editor at JET magazine. Clarence and I worked at the magazine in the early 90s. I'm very happy that his great feature-writing work has been recognized. Congrats Clarence or as I call him Henry Braselton!

No comments:

Post a Comment